Five Minute Friday — Trust

It’s been a rough week. It’s never fun watching someone die. It’s especially hard when it’s a family member or very, very special friend. So, it was somewhat appropriate today’s prompt from the Five Minute Friday crew was TRUST. Let’s see what we can come up with in just five minutes.

The timer is set, so let’s GO

Death. It’s inevitable. No one escapes it. But, in addition to sadness, there is also joy … joy in witnessing a life well spent … joy another soul has found its way across the River Jordan … joy at the prospect of another soul in celestial plan.

How can I say this?

Because of trust. I trust the words of the Lord. I trust His plan. I trust His promises.

Certainly, there is sorrow, but there is celebration as well because I know — we know — because He lived, I — we — can face tomorrow. My soul, our … STOP

… souls have been entrusted to the Great Healer.  And then one day, I’ll — we’ll — cross the river. I’ll — we’ll — fight life’s final war with pain. And then as death gives way to victory, I’ll — we’ll — see the lights of glory and I’ll — we’ll — know He lives!

Rest in Peace, sweet Sonni. Well done, good and faithful servant.

Don’t forget to see what others have written about TRUST at Kate’s place (http://katemotaung.com/2015/10/08/five-minute-friday-trust-day-9/).

THOUGHT TO REMEMBER: The battle is already won. We just need to work it out.

Advertisements

About wisdomfromafather

I'm just an ordinary guy walking along the journey of life.
This entry was posted in celebration, Faith, Five Minute Friday, grief, Life, relationships and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Five Minute Friday — Trust

1. Brook says:

All very true, love this post

2. dawnlizjones says:

I love the book Hinds Feet on High Places, and it’s either in that one or its sequel that the author uses a very poignant and picturesque analogy of a dear one crossing over to be with Jesus in eternity–it was more of a celebration (as you put it). Question: I am working on a post concerning veterans in Christ’s army, and would like to include a link to your site. If this is okay with you, may I also put in your age? (Which I would need you to tell me?) Thanks.

3. Amy M says:

“The battle is already won. We just need to work it out.” Amen.

My condolences on your loss. I know that losing someone here on earth is never easy even when we can picture them whole and rejoicing with our Lord. Blessings to you.

4. oneta hayes says:

Beautiful words of remembrance for your Sonni. Indeed It is true that “we do not sorrow as others sorrow” when we trust and believe in an eternal life to come.

5. Debbie L says:

Thank you for a beautiful post. I’m sharing it as our family faces the loss of a loved one.

6. Maryanne says:

So sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this subject!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s